Your Virtual Admin Assistant
Welcome, I am the Handyman's Helper! I help contractors and handymen by providing virtual assistance services designed to save you time and earn more money. I will also keep you up to date on the latest information about products, tools, and resources to help you on the job.
Learn how to outsource with success. Get immediate access to a free e-book
Request your free copy of To Do, Or Not To Do?:
A Contractors Guide to Outsourcing
A virtual assistant is an individual who provides different services to businesses or entrepreneurs from a remote location. We work for you in the background as you focus on what you do best.
The Handyman's Helper specializes in serving Professional Contractors, Handymen, and others within the construction industry by supporting you with your administrative tasks, including answering emails, scheduling meetings digital marketing tasks, scheduling appointments, answering calls, following up with estimates and many other tasks.
You can hire our services for short periods of time based on your needs, as opposed to hiring part-time or full-time employees who come at a high expense. You will quickly discover that The Handyman's Helper can provide more cost-effectively than employees while supporting you to earn greater profits with your customers.
Request your free consultation to see what works best for you.
Oseye Cohen, A.I.M.A
Real Property Administrator, Virtual Assistant & Business Coach
The Handyman's Helper!
What Is A Virtual Assistant?
Virtual Assistant Packages
- Responding to emails - Inbound phone calls - Scheduling call backs $15/hr (min 2 hours)
- Responding to emails - Inbound phone calls - Scheduling call backs - Setting appointments for estimates - Customer surveys and follow up $20/hr (min 2 hours)
- Responding to emails - Inbound phone calls - Scheduling call backs - Setting appointments for estimates - Customer surveys and follow up - Managing database on spreadsheet - Prepare customer invoices $25/hr (min 2 hours)
- Responding to emails - Inbound phone calls - Scheduling call backs - Customer surveys and follow up - Setting appointments for estimates - Managing database on spreadsheet - Prepare customer invoices - Handle website maintenance and updates $30/hr (Min 2 hours)
- Responding to emails - Inbound phone calls - Scheduling call backs - Customer surveys and follow up - Setting appointments for estimates - Managing database on spreadsheet with outbound sales calls. - Prepare customer invoices - Following up with prospects about estimates for approvals - Manage blogs and social media accounts $40/Hour (min 3 hours)
- Responding to emails - Inbound phone calls - Scheduling call backs - Setting appointments for estimates - Managing database with outbound sales calls. - Prepare customer invoices - Following up with prospects about estimates for approvals - Manage blogs and social media accounts - Following up with prospects about estimates for approvals -Placing orders and follow ups with vendors for materials, supplies, tools etc. Arranging delivery times, locations, and dates $50/hr (min 4 hours)
Upcoming Training Course
The Handyman's Helper Virtual Workshop
From D.I.Y. Guy to Contractor Pro
Are You A D.I.Y. Handyman Looking to Get Started as a Professional?
It's time to start your Handyman Business. Join me in The Handyman's Virtual Workshop to learn how to take your Handyman skills and turn them into a Profitable Handyman Business.
This 7-week course will help you to transition from a D.I.Yer to an Independent Contractor for hire. In 60 days you will launch and market your business as a Construction Pro.
Click here for more details and for registration.
Working with Furniture
3 Ways to Make Extra Money with a Handyman Side Hustle
When construction and home renovation seasons become slow, it is important to think of creative ways to keep busy with your hands to keep funds flowing. Here are three things you can do to pick up extra work:
1. Making and Selling Your Own High-End Wood Furniture
These days you don’t even need to be a Master Carpenter to be able to make quality wooden furniture. All you need is the right set of templates, the right tools, and the right materials to create beautiful hand-crafted furniture that most homeowners would appreciate and enjoy.
Start by researching what pieces of furniture are trending in the market and make a prototype. Use it as a display model to promote and presell as custom pieces where customers can choose the colour and type of wood and finishing. Figure out the cost of the materials and your markup and price it. If you are new to woodworking, start with simple projects so you can make them relatively quickly and well done. Visit this link to access Over 9000 woodworking plans for wood furniture and small crafts.
2. Finishing Outdoor Furniture
Not everyone is aware that wooden outdoor furniture requires cleaning (power washing) and refinishing every few years. Because of moisture that causes wood rot and sunlight that bleaches out the natural colour and fades the original finish. A great service to offer your clients during downtimes is to refinish their outdoor wood furniture. This is often one of those things that sit on a homeowner “to-do-list” for years and never get done. You can remind them of their forgotten projects and sweeten the deal by doing it for them! Problem solved. There are a lot of finishes on the market, some better than others. Here is a link to a few sold on Amazon that you can use to compare.
3. Cleaning and Repairing Old Furniture
You can promote the cleaning and repair of old furniture to older clients who may be dangerously using and sitting on fragile pieces. You can be considered a local hero by offering your services to repair such hazards. Keep in mind that if there is something that is broken that is costs more to repair than to replace. Then be honest with your client and let them know their options. This can apply to all furniture types, indoor/outdoor, wood, or upholstered. Don’t oversell the value in repairing or cleaning if it’s not worth it. However, use this as an opportunity to offer your customer to build them something from a template, or help them to assemble something from a big box store like Ikea.
The bottom line:
As a Handyman, stay busy and create opportunities to be able to attract new and keep existing clients happy with these types of small projects in between the bigger projects that will come up down the road.
Virtual Assistant Digital Marketing Packages
The second most important thing to a box of power tools is your digital toolbox.
The 3 Main Differences Between a Handyman and General Contractor
What are the 3 Main Differences Between a Handyman and a General Contractor?
When it comes to hiring a handyman or a licensed contractor, the issue is not about who can do a better job, the issue is about who is better able to handle the responsibilities of the job based on the scope of the project.
Is individually responsible for completing the work within a job.
Is responsible for completing the work with the assistance of other sub-contractors.
Usually is called in for short term jobs lasting from a couple of hours to a few days.
Usually is called for long term projects that last a week up to several months.
Job focus is usually: repair work, maintenance, and installations.
Job focus usually involves building or redeveloping from scratch.
Common Tasks Performed:
• Constructing and hanging shelving and cabinets
• Repairing damaged or broken stairs and decks
• Performing finish work
• Painting or staining custom woodwork
• Erecting prefabricated outbuildings
• Helping to secure construction-related permits
• Conducting certified energy audits
• Supervising a sub-contracting team
• Adding a second story to a residence
• Finishing a job that requires a builder’s permit
VIRTUAL ASSISTANT SERVICES
As a General Contractor, Independent Contractor or a Handyman, it isn't always easy keeping up to date with your job requests, client files, and marketing. Many new leads fall by the wayside when you are unable to answer calls, and prospecting for new business is often a challenge when you are busy on the job. That is where I come in.
As The Handyman's Helper, I make your job easier by relieving many of the administrative work that you simply don't have the time to do. The best part is that you don't need to hire me full time, or even part-time, because I understand the nature of your work that there are busy and slow periods throughout the year. As your Virtual Assistant, I can be hired for a couple of hours a week, or month, or for a few blocks of time during the week over a short period of time adjusting to the demands of your business.
Contact me for a free consultation to discuss your needs and figure out the best solution for your construction business.
Discover the GC Reno Mobile App, a FREE & quick-to-learn
Project Management tool for Contractors
Spending excessive time keeping track of project notes and updates?
Overwhelmed with sub-contractor management? Need a quicker way to build & send quotes?